Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: 1460 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
Kim Phillips-Fein is an Assistant Professor at the Gallatin School of NYU and is the author of Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan.
Julian E. Zelizer is Professor of History and Public Affairs at Princeton. He is numerous books, including Arsenal of Democracy: The Politics of National Security - From World War II to the War on Terrorism and Governing America: The Revival of Political History.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Introduction What's Good for Business?, Kim Phillips-Fein and Julian E. Zelizer
1. The Advantages of Obscurity: World War II Tax Carry-Back Provisions and the Normalization of Corporate Welfare, Mark R. Wilson
2. Virtue, Necessity, and Irony in the Politics of Civil Rights: Organized Business and Fair Employment Practices in Postwar Cleveland, Anthony S. Chen
3. Moving Mountains: The Business of Evangelicalism and Extraction in a Liberal Age, Darren Dochuk
4. "Take Government Out of Business By Putting Business Into Government": Local Boosters, National CEOs, Experts, and the Politics of Mid-Century Capital Mobility, Elizabeth Tandy Shermer
5. The Liberal Invention of the Multinational Corporation: David Lilienthal and Postwar Capitalism, Jason Scott Smith
6. Pharmaceutical Politics and Regulatory Reform in Postwar America, Dominique A. Tobbell
7. Games of Chance: Jim Crow's Entrepreneurs Bet on 'Negro' Law-and-Order, N.D.B. Connolly
8. The End of Public Power: Place and the Postwar Electric Utility Industry, Andrew Needham
9. Supermarkets, Free Markets, and the Problem of Buyer Power in the Postwar United States, Shane Hamilton
10. Rethinking the Postwar Corporation: Management, Monopolies, and Markets, Louis Hyman
11. The Politics of Environmental Regulation: Business-Government Relations in the 1970s and Beyond, Meg Jacobs
12. The Corporate Mobilization against Liberal Reform: Big Business Day, 1980, Benjamin Waterhouse
Epilogue, Kim Phillips-Fein and Julian E. Zelizer
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.