Written by nurse practitioners for nurse practitioners in collaboration with a physician, this popular text explores the theoretical foundations of everything Primary Care. Its comprehensive and easy-to-follow presentation examines the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of every body system across the life span.
Online case studies use real-world scenarios to develop clinical decision-making skills as students learn how to properly diagnose and treat patients.
This interactive, online Q&A review platform provides the practice needed to master course content and prepare for exams. Over 1,000 board-style questions test students’ knowledge and retention of what they are learning.
Actionable analytics enable instructors to assess their students’ mastery of the content and their critical-thinking and decision-making skills to easily identify the areas in which they are struggling and intervene quickly in class and on assignments to ensure that they succeed.
- Expanded, Revised & Updated! Significantly increased and updated content throughout, especially in the sections detailing Ear, Nose, and Throat Problems; Musculoskeletal Problems, and Psychosocial Problems.
- New Section! Care of Vulnerable Populations in Unit 3, featuring four new chapters that focus on populations that require special attention and consideration
- New Features! Geriatric Considerations and Pediatric/Adolescent Considerations in applicable Unit 2 chapters
- New! Online case studies with critical thinking questions
- Coverage of the broadest range of human disease and disorders using a systems-based approach that presents both Common Complaints and Common Problems to help students narrow down the possible differentials to the most likely diagnosis
- Coverage of pathophysiology and diagnostic reasoning as well as up-to-date guidance on laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice with information on evidence levels and more references to primary studies
- Enhanced! Interface that makes navigation even easier and offers instructors more flexibility and control options
- Thousands of questions aligned to Primary Care with page references
- Comprehensive rationales for both correct and incorrect responses
- Personalized dashboards that track students’ progress across their assignments and highlight where they need to focus their study time