Take an evidence-based approach that prepares nurses to be leaders at all levels.
Learn the skills you need tolead and succeed in the dynamic health care environments in which you will practice. From leadership and management theories through their application, you’ll develop the core competences needed to deliver and manage the highest quality care for your patients. You’ll also be prepared for the initiatives that are transforming the delivery and cost-effectiveness of health care today.
- New, Updated & Expanded! Content reflecting the evolution of nursing leadership and management
- New! Tables that highlight how the chapter content correlates with the core competencies of BSN Essentials, ANA Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice or Specialty Standards of Practice
- New!10 NCLEX®-style questions at the end of each chapter with rationales in an appendix
- New & Expanded! Coverage of reporting incidents, clinical reasoning and judgment, communication and judgment hierarchy, quality improvement tools, leveraging diversity, security plans and disaster management, health care and hospital- and unit-based finances, and professional socialization
- Features an evidence-based and best practices approach to develop the skills needed to be effective nurse leaders and managers—from managing patient care to managing staff and organizations.
- Encompasses new quality care initiatives, including those from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report, AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Report which form the foundation of the content.
- Discusses the essentials of critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving, including concepts such as SWOT, 2x2 matrix, root-cause analysis, plan-do-study-act, and failure mode and effects analysis.
- Demonstrates how to manage conflict, manage teams and personnel, utilize change theory, and budget
- Uses a consistent pedagogy in each chapter, including key terms, learning outcomes, learning activities, a case study, coverage of evidence, research and best practices, and a chapter summary.