Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Clinical Practice Applications across Disorders and Settingsby Dimeff, Linda A.; Rizvi, Shireen L.; Koerner, Kelly; Linehan, Marsha M.
Free Shipping on all Orders Over $35!*
*excludes Marketplace items.
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
New to This Edition
*Presents current best practices for making DBT more efficient and accessible while maximizing program fidelity.
*Chapters on additional populations, including persons with posttraumatic stress disorder and preadolescent children.
*Chapters on additional settings, including milieu-based programs, university counseling centers, and middle and high schools.
*Chapters on pharmacotherapy, promoting employment and self-sufficiency, training and supervision, and DBT beyond Stage 1.
See also Doing Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Practical Guide, by Kelly Koerner, which demonstrates DBT techniques in detail.
Shireen L. Rizvi, PhD, ABPP, is Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. At Rutgers, she holds affiliate appointments in the Department of Psychology, School of Arts and Sciences, and the Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Her research interests include improving outcomes, training, and dissemination of DBT for the treatment of complex and severe problems. Board certified in Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology and in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, she is past president of the International Society for the Improvement and Teaching of DBT and was the Society's Conference Program Chair for 2 years. Dr. Rizvi is a recipient of the Spotlight on a Mentor Award from the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the Presidential Fellowship for Teaching Excellence from Rutgers.
Kelly Koerner, PhD, is CEO of Jaspr Health (www.jasprhealth.com) and Clinical Faculty in the Department of Psychology at the University of Washington. Weaving together science, design, and social entrepreneurship, she develops highly collaborative, technology-based solutions to get evidence-based practices (EBPs) to the right point of care. Dr. Koerner has extensive practical experience in supporting individuals and systems as they learn, implement, and sustain EBPs in diverse settings (e.g., from paraprofessionals in juvenile justice facilities, to master’s-level counselors in community mental health and substance abuse treatment centers, to research therapists in academic clinical trials). Most recently, she and her human-centered design team have worked closely with scientists, people with lived experience, and emergency medicine providers to develop a tablet-based application for suicidal people. She maintains an active research program and is a recipient of the Career Achievement Award from the Dissemination and Implementation Science Special Interest Group of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies.
Table of Contents
I. Overview and Getting Started with DBT
1. Overview of DBT, Kelly Koerner, Linda A. Dimeff, & Shireen L. Rizvi
2. Adopt or Adapt?: Fidelity Matters, Kelly Koerner, Linda A. Dimeff, Charles R. Swenson, & Shireen L. Rizvi
3. Evaluating Your DBT Program, Shireen L. Rizvi, Maria Monroe-DeVita, & Linda A. Dimeff
II. Applications across Settings
4. Implementing Standard DBT in an Outpatient Setting, Linda A. Dimeff, Kim Skerven, Andrew White, Shelley McMain, Katherine Anne Comtois, Cedar R. Koons, Soonie A. Kim, Sharon Y. Manning, & Elisabeth Bellows
5. DBT in Milieu-Based Programs, Charles R. Swenson, Suzanne Witterholt, & Juliet Nelson
6. Applications of DBT in a School-Based Setting, Elizabeth T. Dexter-Mazza, James J. Mazza, Alec L. Miller, Kelly Graling, Elizabeth Courtney-Seidler, & Dawn Catucci
7. DBT in University Counseling Centers, Jacqueline Pistorello & Carla D. Chugani
8. DBT in Juvenile Justice Programs, Debra M. Bond, Jesse Homan, & Bradley Beach
9. Comprehensive DBT Forensic and Correctional Programs: Orchids, Not Dandelions, Robin A. McCann & Elissa M. Ball
III. Applications across Populations
10. DBT—Accepting the Challenges of Employment and Self-Sufficiency, Katherine Anne Comtois, Lynn Elwood, Jenna Melman, & Adam Carmel
11. DBT for Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder and Substance Use Disorders, Linda A. Dimeff, Shelley McMain, Jennifer H. R. Sayrs, Chelsey Wilks, & Marsha M. Linehan
12. Treating Posttraumatic Stress Disorder during DBT: Applying the Principles and Procedures of the DBT Prolonged Exposure Protocol, Melanie S. Harned & Sara C. Schmidt
13. DBT and Eating Disorders, Lucene Wisniewski & Debra L. Safer
14. DBT beyond Stage 1: An Overview of Stages 2, 3, and 4, Cedar R. Koons
15. An Overview of DBT for Preadolescent Children: Addressing Primary Treatment Targets, Francheska Perepletchikova & Donald Nathanson
16. DBT for Adolescents, Alec J. Miller, Jill H. Rathus, Elizabeth T. Dexter-Mazza, Chad S. Brice, & Kelly Graling
17. DBT with Families, Alan E. Fruzzetti, Luciana G. Payne, & Perry D. Hoffman
IV. Special Topics
18. Training and Supervision in Outpatient DBT Programs, Jesse Homan, Jennifer H. R. Sayrs, & Travis L. Osborne
19. Pharmacotherapy Guidelines for Treating Stage 1 DBT Patients, Elisabeth P. Bellows, W. Maxwell Burns, & Chelsy R. Wilks
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.