Autism Spectrum Disorders in Adolescents and Adults Evidence-Based and Promising Interventionsby Tincani, Matt; Bondy, Andy
Free Shipping on all Orders Over $35!*
*excludes Marketplace items.
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Andy Bondy, PhD, has over 40 years of experience working with children and adults with ASD and related developmental disabilities. For more than a dozen years he served as the director of a statewide public school program for students with autism. He and his wife, Lori Frost, pioneered the development of the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). Dr. Bondy designed the Pyramid Approach to Education as a comprehensive combination of broad-spectrum behavior analysis and functional communication strategies. He is a co-founder of Pyramid Educational Consultants, Inc., in Newark, Delaware, and serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies.
Table of Contents
1. Characteristics of Adults with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders, Brenda Smith Myles, Amy Bixler Coffin, Donna J. Owens, & Courtney Yantjes
2. Autism Spectrum Disorders and the Family, Lauren Pepa & Sandra L. Harris
II. Transitioning from Adolescence to Adulthood
3. Effective Secondary Education and Transition for Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Michael L. Wehmeyer & Dianne Zager
4. Postsecondary Education for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Jane Thierfeld Brown, Lorraine E. Wolf, & Christine Wenzel
III. Instructional and Behavioral Interventions to Promote Quality of Life
5. Behavioral Interventions for Complex Communication and Social Skills in Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Angelica Aguirre, John O’Neill, Ruth Anne Rehfeldt, & Valerie Boyer
6. Teaching Functional Communication to Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Russell Lang, Jeff Sigafoos, Larah van der Meer, Amarie Carnett, Vanessa A. Green, Giulio E. Lancioni, & Mark F. O’Reilly
7. Positive Behavior Support for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Matt Tincani & Shannon Crozier
8. Skill-Building Interventions for Adolescents and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Peter F. Gerhardt, Maria Fernanda Garcia, & Anthony Foglia
9. Sexuality and Relationships for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Jason C. Travers & Peggy Schaeffer Whitby
10. Toward a Balanced Leisure Lifestyle for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Phyllis Coyne & Ann Fullerton
IV. Employment, Independence, Aging, and Policy
11. Meaningful Employment for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Paul Wehman, Pamela Sherron Targett, Carol Schall, & Staci Carr
12. Facilitating Successful Independent Living Skills for Adults with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders, Brenda Smith Myles, Daniel Steere, Cathy Pratt, Ruth Aspy, Barry G. Grossman, & Shawn A. Henry
13. Aging, Estate Planning, and Funding Services, Carol Markowitz
14. Legal Issues and Autism Spectrum Disorders, Beverly L. Frantz & David W. Zellis
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.