Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Gary P. Brown, PhD, is Senior Lecturer in the Psychology Department at Royal Holloway University of London, United Kingdom, and Director of Research for the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program. He has published extensively in the area of cognitive therapy for depression and anxiety. Dr. Brown’s particular focus has been on assessment and measurement, and he has been involved in the development of a number of key measures used in the field. He has also been active in helping to develop the system of cognitive-behavioral training in the United Kingdom.
David A. Clark, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of New Brunswick, Canada. His research and publications focus on the cognitive basis of anxiety and depression. He is the author of numerous books, including Cognitive Therapy of Anxiety Disorders and The Anxiety and Worry Workbook (both with Aaron T. Beck), and The Mood Repair Toolkit. Dr. Clark is a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, which recognized him with the Aaron T. Beck Award for Significant and Enduring Contributions to Cognitive Therapy, and is a Fellow of the Canadian Psychological Association.
Table of Contents
1. Cognitive Clinical Assessment: Contributions and Impediments to Progress, David A. Clark & Gary P. Brown
I. Cognitive Assessment Strategies and Practices
2.”Better the Devil You Know”? A Conceptual Critique of Endorsement Methods in Cognitive Research and Practice, Gary P. Brown & David A. Clark
3. Production- Based Assessment in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, David A. F. Haaga & Ari Solomon
4. Imagery-Based Cognitive-Behavioral Assessment, Susie Hales, Simon E. Blackwell, Martina Di Simplicio, Lalitha Iyadurai, Kerry Young, & Emily A. Holmes
5. Assessment of Cognitive Vulnerability to Psychopathology: Issues in Theory and Practice, Lyndsay E. Evraire, David J. A. Dozois, & Elizabeth P. Hayden
6. Implementing an Evidence-Based Approach to Cognitive-Behavioral Assessment, John Hunsley & Katherine Elliott
II. Cognitive Assessment and Diagnosis
7. Dimensionality in Cognitive-Behavioral Assessment, Amanda A. Uliaszek, Alison Alden, & Richard E. Zinbarg
8. The Cognitive Content-Specificity Hypothesis: Contributions to Diagnosis and Assessment, John Baranoff & Tian Po S. Oei
9. Transdiagnostic Cognitive Assessment and Case Formulation for Anxiety: A New Approach, Angela H. Smith, Chelsea G. Ratcliff & Peter J. Norton
10. Beyond DSM Diagnosis: The Pros and Cons of Cognitive Case Formulation, Peter Bieling & Brenda Key
III. Challenges and Continuing Controversies
11. Toward a Validity Framework for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Self-Report Assessment, Nick Hawkes & Gary P. Brown
12. Enhancing Measurement Validation in Cognitive-Clinical Research with Structural Equation Modeling and Item Response Theory, Kristin Naragon-Gainey & Timothy A. Brown
13. Implicit Measures of Associations: A Case of Exaggerated Promises?, Anne Roefs, Jorg Huijding, Fren T. Y. Smulders, Anita T. M. Jansen, & Colin M. MacLeod
14. Advances in Construct Validity Theory: Implications for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Assessment, Leila Guller & Gregory T. Smith
15. Fresh Pools or Stagnant Streams: Current Status of Cognitive Clinical Assessment, Gary P. Brown & David A. Clark
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.