Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy Treating Anxiety and Related Challengesby Roemer, Lizabeth; Orsillo, Susan M.
Free Shipping on all Orders Over $35!*
*excludes Marketplace items.
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Susan M. Orsillo, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at Suffolk University in Boston, where she is actively involved in the education, training, and professional development of undergraduates and doctoral students in clinical psychology. Dr. Orsillo studies how acceptance-based behavioral therapy–informed strategies can help buffer against contextual stressors, build resilience, improve psychosocial functioning, and enhance quality of life. Her research team also has a focus on improving widespread access to evidence-based care. Dr. Orsillo has published over 120 journal articles and book chapters. Her books with Lizabeth Roemer include The Mindful Way through Anxiety and Worry Less, Live More (for general readers) and Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy (for mental health professionals). Their website is www.mindfulwaythroughanxiety.com.
Table of Contents
1. Overview of an Acceptance-Based Behavioral Model of Clinical Problems
2. Gathering Clinical Information to Prepare a Case Formulation
3. Sharing Case Formulation and Treatment Plan: Setting the Stage for Therapy
II. Cultivating Acceptance-Based Skills and Clarifying Values
4. The Therapeutic Relationship: A Context and a Mechanism for Change
5. Psychoeducation to Cultivate Acceptance
6. Mindfulness and Other Experiential Methods
7. Using ABBT Methods to Cultivate Self-Compassion
8. Articulating and Clarifying Personal Values
III. Putting It All Together: Promoting Mindful, Valued Action
9. Integrating the Three Goals of ABBT into Each Session
10. Working with Contextual Inequities and External Barriers to Values-Based Actions
11. Evaluating Progress, Relapse Prevention, and Ending Treatment
Appendix A: Measures That Can Be Used to Assess ABBT Model-Specific Processes
Appendix B: Mindfulness Exercises
Appendix C: A Model of Integration of Topics, Exercises, and Forms across Sessions
List of Audio Tracks:
- Mindfulness of Breath (3 minutes)
- Mindfulness of Sounds (5 minutes)
- Mindfulness of Physical Sensations (3 minutes)
- Mindfulness-Based Progressive Muscle Relaxation: Instructions (11 minutes)
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation, 16 Muscle Group Exercise (37 minutes)
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation, 7 Muscle Group Exercise (19 minutes)
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation, 4 Muscle Group Exercise (13 minutes)
- Mindfulness of Emotions (5 minutes)
- Mindfulness of Emotions and Physical Sensations (6 minutes)
- Mindfulness of Clouds and Sky (7 minutes)
- Mountain Meditation (8 minutes)
- Inviting a Difficulty In and Working It through the Body (6 minutes)
- Your Personal Experience with Self-Compassion (4 minutes)
- Mindful Observation of Self-Critical Thoughts (4 minutes)
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.